Terra[s]tory


Terra[s]tory

The layers of knitted yarns reveal the strata of the history of my identity. It also reveals how others have interjected, interrupted and contributed to shaping the landscape.

This example of knitting has in its centre [the black and turquoise bit] an area I found interesting and  disruptive. The yarn was cut by my friend Dennis from a sock, at the initial performance of [Terror]tory at Alma Mater. I had given the yarn to Erica who made a a series of plaited cords. She gave this one back to me.

Including this piece into my knitting I found myself becoming irritable. The inclusion interrupted the hypnotic comfort zone of uniform homogeneous backward and forward knitting. The inclusion required that I tap into creativity in order to negotiate and include.

Comments

Popular Posts